The Diamond Spray Foam Benefits
What are the benefits of SPF?
SPF is environmentally friendly, contains no formaldehyde or ozone depleting chemicals, saves energy*
and reduces the use of fossil fuels, thereby reducing global warming gases.
It also assists in providing
good indoor air quality, requires less energy to produce than the leading insulation, and reduces the amount
of energy required to transport and install it. SPF is durable, maintains physical properties over time,
contributes little to the waste stream, and in a single product (depending on the formula and project)
can take the place of three-four other products, including insulation, air barriers, sealants, vapor
retarders, and weather barriers.
*SPF reduces energy use in the following ways:
- Has high R-value per inch (open-cell 3.5 per inch and closed-cell 6.0 per inch)
- Eliminates air infiltration
- Helps control moisture and condensation
- Reduces convective currents in walls and attics
- Eliminates wind washing
- Effective at low and high temperatures
- Provides the correct environment so that the ventilation system performs more efficiently
Other benefits include...
- Closed cell SPF adds structural strength and glues a building together, thereby making it more resistant to racking events, such as hurricanes and high winds.
- SPF reduces noise from outside by air sealing the building.
- Closed-cell SPF can provide an added barrier against water intrusion.
- SPF reduces drafts and increases comfort.
- SPF helps maintain a comfortable, constant, temperature throughout the building, from room to room and floor to floor.
- SPF assists in improving indoor air quality.
- SPF reduces the infiltration of outside air pollutants and soil gases.
- SPF can reduce moisture condensation and mold growth within the building walls and roof.
- Excellent insulation efficiency of SPF can reduce heating and cooling usage dramatically.
- HVAC equipment can be down-sized, thereby reducing construction costs.
- SPF will not sag or settle.
- SPF can eliminate the need for separate housewrap and vapor retarders.
- SPF helps conserve energy, reducing CO2 emissions.
- SPF contributes LEED credits for sustainable, green construction.
- SPF can help reduce structural damage caused by high winds.
- SPF contains no formaldehyde or ozone depleting substances.